What an amazing night!
Congratulations to the eight Philanthropitch finalists who inspired an audience of almost 500 with their innovative social impact pitches. Overall we were able to award $140,000 bringing Philanthropitch total giving in Austin to $500,000!
Con Mi MADRE won the Audience Choice Award and acceptance into the Mission Capital Mission Accelerator. Overall, the organization that hopes to expand its successful model supporting Latina youth from sixth grade through university was awarded $37,500.
The second place Audience Choice Award went to the Goodwill Careers and Technical Academy. GCTA was also selected into the Mission Accelerator by the Social Venture Partners.
Philanthropitch 2016 Awards
- Mission Accelerator Class of 2016: BookSpring, CareBOX, Con Mi MADRE, ECORise Youth Innovation, Goodwill Central Texas.
- Con Mi MADRE: $37,500 including the Audience Choice Award
- Goodwill Central Texas: $25,500 including the Second Place Audience Choice Award
- BookSpring: $21,000 including the SailPoint Corporate Award.
- ECORise Youth Innovation: $17,500 including the BuildASign.com Corporate Award.
- Black Fret: $15,500.
- CareBOX: $12,000
- Creative Action: $6,000
- Circle of Health International: $5,000
Last night was particularly meaningful for those of us on the Philanthropitch team. We were excited to see our total giving top $500,000, and we took the opportunity to look back at Philanthropitch’s origins at BuildASign.com. We were lucky to have all three of the founders, Chelsea Woodhead, Dee Miller, and Chelsea Manning, with us last night to celebrate this milestone. We are excited to continue to build on their vision. Chelsea Manning was on her flight back to Atlanta Tuesday morning where she’s already planning Philanthropitch Atlanta for June 9th.