Amplify Austin is Austin’s annual community-wide day of giving. On March 8, Central Texans will come together for 24 hours with a goal of raising $9 million for local nonprofits! Check out some of Philanthropitch’s alum to learn more about their impact and how you can support their amazing work:
- Colin’s Hope – Did you know that just $25 can purchase a life jacket for a loaner board at the lake or $75 can provide swim lessons and water safety education for a four-year-old in their Pre-K Swim Safety Program? Help Colin’s Hope amplify water safety and drowning prevention to save lives!
- Easter Seals – Help Easter Seals raise $12,000 and support children and adults with disabilities.
- EGBI – A donation of $25 to EGBI will help provide high-quality entrepreneurship training accessible to underserved communities in Greater Austin.
- Habitat for Humanity – Help fund the construction of a home for Whitney & Aaden and change a family’s life forever.
- Multicultural Refugee Coalition – Help refugees resettle in Austin and support programs such as Open Arms, a social enterprise that provides living wage work for refugee women through textile manufacturing, or New Leaf Agriculture Program, which provides growing opportunities for refugees at 3 area community gardens and a weekly community resource center.
Amplify Austin Events
- Amplify Austin Assembly Event – a FREE kick-off event for Amplify Austin along with 40+ other local nonprofit organizations on March 8th from 6pm to 9pm at Austin Public (1143 Northwest Ave., Austin, Texas 78702) – EVERYONE IS INVITED TO ATTEND. RSVP: http://egbiamplifyassembly.eventbrite.com
- Habitat for Humanity Kick-off Party – Festivities begin 6pm at Radio Coffee & Beer. All attendees 21+ will receive 3 drink tickets.
- WeViva Amplify Austin Party – Amp up the giving for WeViva! Join for free appetizers and watch as the donations roll in. 6pm at Gloria’s Downtown (300 W. 6th St. Unit 100).
- Lake Travis Amplify Austin Event – Get to know 8+ nonprofits working in Lake Travis (including Colin’s Hope). Enjoy complimentary appetizers, a full bar, and live music! (https://www.facebook.com/events/1674839722756015/)
- MRC Amplify Austin Open House – Come learn more about MRC and its social enterprise- Open Arms (12pm at 200 East 8th Street on the 3rd floor of Central Presbyterian Church).
- Going Away Party for St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store – From 9:30am-12pm, breakfast tacos, coffee, and mimosas will be served (1327 S. South Congress). As part of Amplify Austin, Society staff will be on hand to help donors make a gift to launch the Vincentian Family Center or to help any nonprofit of their choice. During the event, shoppers will be treated to 30% off all items in the store. Shoppers will also receive coupons for the new thrift store, and donors to SVDP and other local nonprofits through the Amplify portal will receive an additional 10% off coupon to use at the new store.
To make a donation, you can visit the Amplify Austin site (https://amplifyatx.ilivehereigivehere.org/) either before or during the 24 hour blitz!